Tuesday, October 25, 2011

25 | Trusting God at the Crossroads

Are you at a crossroads, looking for God's direction?  Are you having a hard time letting go and letting God work in your life?  I am right there with you.  Let us pray...

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
Proverbs 19:21

Lord, 

I am at a crossroads.  You know I am searching for ways to add to our family's income.  You know I am searching for the most meaningful way to spend my days now that the kids are in school.  I've dabbled in so many directions.  What I need to do is tune into your will and your way.  

I want whatever path I take to be pleasing to you and beneficial for my family and me.  I want to use the talents you have given me to glorify you.  Guide me in this way, Lord.  My trust is in you.  I await your word and direction.

Oh, but that is hard, God.  I have to admit, I struggle to trust you completely, to wait with a patient heart.  The idea of letting go and surrendering control to you scares me.  And yet, what control do I really have?  And why do I want it, when I know in my heart how many times I've made a mess of things.  

There is a way of prayer... that can quickly and powerfully bring you help, release, guidance, harmony, prosperity, freedom and healing.  It is the prayer of letting go, putting all into the hands of God, and leaving the outworking with God.
Mary L. Kupferle

I know that your ways are infinitely wiser, more loving, better than mine.  God, help me to release my stubborn grip on the reins of control.  Help me to open my hands to receive the blessed purpose you have planned for me.  Show me what I can and should do to glorify you, to serve my family, to nurture myself.  Also show me when and where and how to let go of other things that distract me so that your amazing, miraculous workings can occur.  

I am so grateful that you are my blessed controller.  Help me to live out that gratitude by truly trusting in you, my provider and my strength.

Amen.

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.
Proverbs 16:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, comments, and questions. Let's keep the conversation going...